Saturday, April 08, 2006

House Calls?

Today I received an email from something called BlackDoctors.org. So far it just looks like a search engine. But I have to wonder what the ultimate goal of a site like that is. I understand wanting to support your local black doctors if they aren't getting enough play. But when I've met a good doctor I usually look at their ethnic background last. I wish there were a site called "NiceDoctors.org" or "UnhurriedDoctors.org" or even "LaughingDoctors.org". My favorite MDs have been calm, cool and intentionally funny.

Here is where I have to give a shout to Kaiser Permanente doctors Victoria Wakeley and Claire Fuller at the Pasadena Facility and Dr. Caligari at Sunset. So far, they are the coolest of the bunch. Yes, they are all women, but that's not what I paid attention to first. And, yes, two of them are black, but that's not a big deal to me either. They were attentive and interested in their work. They really want to be doctors. I think that's what counts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home